June 1, 2020
To our much appreciated patients,
We are taking additional steps to ensure that you and our staff remain healthy and safe during these challenging times. These steps have been developed based on guidelines and recommendations from the American Dental Association, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration. While our team will be working diligently to keep our office healthy and COVID-19 free, we can't do this alone. As outlined below, your actions will also play an integral role in this effort.
In preparation for your next visit, we ask that you review the following information:
A mask will be required. Per CDC and State of Illinois guidelines, a mask or cloth face covering should be worn all times when in the building and our office. Please immediately advise the front desk if you have forgotten a mask, and one will be provided.
Clean your hands upon arrival at the office. Upon entry into the office, please utilize the hand sanitizer available in the reception area.
Respect social distancing practices. Please maintain a safe distance of 6 feet from other patients. We have adjusted seating in the waiting area to help maintain safe social distancing. Kindly observe recommended social distancing while moving through the office.
Please come to your appointment on time. While Fraser Dental has reduced its patient volume to accommodate social distancing practices, we kindly ask that you do not arrive early or late so that we can appropriately manage patient flow. Please check your appointment reminders (issued via text and email) to ensure timely arrival. If you are running late, please call the office ahead of your arrival. A late arrival may necessitate rescheduling in an effort to avoid too much traffic in the office.
Come alone to your appointment. Unless you require a caretaker for support or you are a minor requiring a parent or legal guardian to accompany you for your visit, we kindly ask that you come alone to your appointment. Please leave children, spouses and friends at home. Guests of scheduled patients will be asked to wait downstairs.
If you are feeling unwell, please stay home. If youhave you been sick, have been diagnosed or in contact with someone who was diagnosed with COVID-19, have been asked to quarantine, have a new or unexplained rash, have a fever, cough, loss of taste or smell, and are experiencing chills or fatigue, please stay home! We will be happy to reschedule your appointment.
Temperature and pulse oximeter readings will be taken . Patients and staff will have their temperatures taken using a non-contact thermometer and their oxygen perfusion levels checked with a fingertip pulse oximeter upon arrival. Please leave your mask on until advised otherwise.
Complete paperwork (new patients) and let the office know about any changes to insurance ahead of time. Our staff will reach out to you before your visit with guidance on paperwork that may need to be completed prior to your appointment. Insurance changes or questions regarding your account should be managed by phone and not in person.
The office will be kept a little cooler. This is to help manage staff comfort due to demands for additional personal protective equipment (PPE). Please bring a light jacket or sweater to your appointment.
Some additional changes you will notice at Fraser Dental:
- At all times, staff will be wearing masks.
- Plexiglass dividers have been installed at check-in for the protection of both patients and staff.
- Magazines, toys and difficult to clean items have been removed from the reception area.
- With apologies, we are not accepting cash at this time.
Other measures that we've instituted to keep both patients and staff safe:
- Air disinfecting units have been placed in the treatment rooms that utilize medical-grade HEPA filters and germicidal UV light. Air purifiers with medical-grade HEPA filters have also been placed around the common areas of the office.
- Pre-procedural rinses will be given to patients to minimize aerosolized pathogens during treatment and new engineering controls have been put in place to further reduce aerosols during treatment (ReLeaf/Pink Petal/HighVolumeEvacuation).
- Treatment rooms will be sanitized with EPA N-List disinfectants between patients ( all products on this list meet the EPA's criteria for use against SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19).
- Common areas and frequently touched surfaces (e.g. door handles) will be disinfected throughout the day.
- Touchless payment options are available via online payments, and we will soon have a "text to pay" option available as well.
- We have hired a commercial cleaning service to "deep clean" the office weekly.
COVID-19 has had an unprecedented impact on all of us. We are excited to have you resume your dental care with us, and we are striving to deliver that care as safely as possible. If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know. Welcome back!!!
The Team at Fraser Dental